Friday, December 23, 2016

'A 19th century painting on display in Bhopal Museum depicting the darbar of Jiwajirao Scindia, Part-I' - by K.J.S.Chatrath


An impressive old painting from the 19th century showing the Darbar of Jiwaji Rao Scindia, which I saw in the Bhopal Museum, India, last week. I took 20 separate photos focussing on various parts of this painting.

Sadly, I could not find out anything about the talented painter who created this work.










The challenge is to concentrate on each photo and try to decipher what all it tells us of that epoch in history. See the variety of dresses, moustaches, sideburns, beards, headgears, male jewelry etc.The painting shows only males and no ladies.

(Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

'This blog is getting subsumed into http://allochatrath.blogspot.in' - K J S Chatrath

Qutab Minar, New Delhi India -12th century AD. Photo by KJS Chatrath You are invited to subscribe to my new blog 'Allo Chatrat...